Tea Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Fun Following The...Goofy Road!

HomeRegisterLog in

Snowfall in Hobbiton

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merry
Founder
Merry

Snowfall in Hobbiton Empty
PostSubject: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyWed Dec 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Here are the pics showing the full quarter to half an inch of snow we got on the 23rd of December! Laughard
But it was still great to have it, it's better than nothing  Wink

I took the pics when i first got out which was around 6 am, so it was still quite dark, except for the last one as the sun was rising.

Snowfall in Hobbiton 25659485_1990964241121360_898103982296664683_n

Snowfall in Hobbiton 25660054_1990964227788028_7671399450863567395_n

Snowfall in Hobbiton 26000909_1990964317788019_7413130533939113364_n

Snowfall in Hobbiton 25591747_1990964261121358_5205714494175455135_n
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Well! Wow! Doesn't that all look 'magical'!  ddream
thkyou for posting the pic's, Merry!  blowkiss
Now, that first picture is real art!  dazzled

Hey! How-come the cows aren't under that tree, Merry!?  laughtotear  

I looked-up in the internet, and it says we get an extra 2 minutes of daylight with each day passing!
So, in 30 days, we'll be getting 1 hour more daylight!
I like this short daylight!
In the Summer, the daylight is tooo sooo l-o-n-g!  yawns ...and  bored

Why did you take a picture of that door knob, Merry!  laughtotear

Oh! But you've got BEAUTIFUL wood grain!  ddream

I see your big balls of Hey too!  Grin

Yup! an authentic picture of a real Ranch! ddream
I like the Barn!  yes

That's a real good dark picture of your cows meandering!  ddream
Yes, it looks quite magical with the snow.  ddream

The Bobcat was around again yesterday!
'Actually' I've been told it's not a Bobcat ...it's a Lynx.
Whatever it is, it's probably got sharp teeth!  laughtotear
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Oh my! I had forgotten to answer your post!!! oopsy

Here's a belated thkyou but it's like my pics disappeared! lousy pic online storage!

Anyhow here's few pics of our 1st snowfall, this time they'll stick as i got the link from my FB

Snowfall in Hobbiton 46093283_2185633151654467_8600155351444094976_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1

Snowfall in Hobbiton 46110745_2185633214987794_6725028090923188224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1

Snowfall in Hobbiton 46221223_2185633211654461_2004266795283775488_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:02 pm

Great pic's, Merry!  dazzled
I'd hate for that big cow to step on my foot!  laughtotear
Is that "Harry"!? ...without his bottle!?  laughtotear
What's that stuff hanging from the trees!? - It looks like a snake hide or something!  inspects

Oh! And those 2 beautiful horses!  ddream
And I see how well cared-for they are!  dazzled

I can't see what's in the barn, Merry!
Do your horses and cows live in there!?
I bet that barn looks totally cool from the inside!

I see there's a ladder laying on the side of the barn!  inspects
What do you use the ladder for!?  notsure

Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 4:19 pm

thkyou Millie! I know my snow doesn't look like much compared to what you get, but that made me happy, it's better than nothing... yes

no the rascal going around in my front yard is an heifer, she's not full grown she'll be a lot bigger...

no, only the horses go in the barn in their stalls and that is if it is too cold like 25F and under
tonight with 14F they sleep in winks

it is a big barn and besides the horse's stalls we have a calf stall, but only in use if i'm bottle feeding one.
Then, hubby has a shop and his band sawmill and there's room to park some equipment, plus storage.
just a tall ladder hubby uses when he has to
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 9:45 pm

Oh! Right! Sorry I forgot to say about the snow! laughtotear
Quite a blizzard you got going there, Merry!  laughhard  laughtotear

Yeah, I know, I love winter too, Merry!  ddream
In your pictures, I can hardly see the animals and barn, for all the SNOW!!!  laughtotear
You'll soon have to tie a rope between the house and the barn so you won't get lost in all the snow blizzard! laughtotear

I must say that it looks magical though! ddream
I love the atmosphere of wintertime! ddream

I bought a tall ladder like that, to finish my Well at 12ft deep!  yes

Sooo! The heifer broke into your front yard!  laughtotear  
'Someone' is going to have to double staple the barbwire fence! laughtotear

The temperature here is around 32F in the daytime.
The night time temperature is around 19F.
I won't plug-in the car motor block heater until 5F.

Well! Your horses will be nice and cozy and warm in the barn!  ddream

Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 11:41 am

Oh! I forgot to say!
What is that hanging on the trees!?
I suggested that it may be 'snake hides'!
But, I can't imagine you draped snake hides to dry in the trees! - Unless you're doing something I don't know about!!!  laughtotear
But, the 2 articles draped in the trees, sure look like snake skins!
So I must ask! ...Do you make your very-own snake skin shoes, Merry!!!???  notsure

OR! they may be long light-brown dead leaves!!!!!!!!!?????????
But, I've never seen that light-brown dead leaves so l-o-n-g before!
Is that a special kind of tree that I haven't got here, Merry!!!??? question

Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyThu Nov 15, 2018 3:24 am

[quote="Millie"]Quite a blizzard you got going there, Merry! laughhard laughtotear You'll soon have to tie a rope between the house and the barn so you won't get lost in all the snow blizzard! laughtotear /quote]

lmao yep, could see as much as in a black hole... laughtotear

more seriously, people who lived here for generations say that there used to be blizzards every winter, now we got snow like spit in the wind lol

Millie wrote:
'Someone' is going to have to double staple the barbwire fence! laughtotear

if only.... Hubby and daughter tried to find how the rascal gets out every day... inspects question but could not! it's a mystery! Miss Renegade must have a good laugh, knowing she gets us all the time! lostmarble then, when we go get her she goes back in pretty easy, it has become routine! yes

Millie wrote:
The temperature here is around 32F in the daytime.
The night time temperature is around 19F.

so we have basically same temps at the moment...
tonight it's better with 26F but last night we had 14F cold

oopsy forgot to answer about the tree....

It's an Albizia and what you see hanging is just the seeds voila
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyFri Nov 16, 2018 4:40 pm

Merry wrote:
 oopsy  forgot to answer about the tree....

It's an Albizia and what you see hanging is just the seeds voila  
[/quote] I have 'never' heard of a Albizia Tree before, Merry! - I sure don't have any trees like that around me!  awestruck

I did a bit of study on it, that, apparently, it would be the equivalent of an Alder, or Aspen tree.
All considered to be a garbage tree!
They grow fast, and rot fast, and they don't give-off much heat in a wood stove.
Hey! But that's a beautiful tree! - I looked at some Albizia trees pictures on google ...and on utube!
Do you ever sit in the branches!?  Grin

I read that you can train the trees to make a tunnel canopy over your driveway!
That would be cool to drive through a tunnel like that!  happy

'Miss Renegade' in the front yard! laughtotear

Back to top Go down
Dory
Admin
Dory

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptySat Nov 17, 2018 9:38 am

laughtotear
Miss Renegade aka Miss Pain in the Rear! cows getting loose all the time are always a nuisance!

Grin  great pics!!  blowkiss
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyWed Nov 28, 2018 6:51 pm

an albizia is a beautiful tree that makes fluffy pink flower and nice leaves that look like fern... it's my fav flower tree with the cherry tree!
I don't know why they link it to an aspen because it has nothing in common with it Thinking as it grows it becomes like a big parasol, and yes i like to sit under it!
I'm shocked that they consider them as garbage tree! omg when they are so beautiful!

here is a google pic as i don't want to upload one of mine. So my tree is even bigger

Snowfall in Hobbiton 4451_47

and look how beautiful are the flowers

Snowfall in Hobbiton Albizia-silk-tree-400x300

when i move if there's no albizia, i'll buy one and plant it cuz i won't go without...
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyMon Mar 11, 2019 5:22 pm

1st flower in bloom in my front yard! happy  A flower I didn't know we had as it was not in the area where we have flowers! Looks like a crocus???  question  I guess Spring is really on his way  vhappy  Funny part is that the daffodils who are supposed to be the flowers ushering Spring are not out just yet... That little baby beat them to it! voila

Snowfall in Hobbiton 53496269_2258187531065695_1541231911609827328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 pm

I don't know how I missed your "Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:51 pm" picture post here, Merry! awestruck
Sorry about that! cryhard

That is a BEAUTIFUL tree, Merry!  shockscream  ddream  WOW!  dazzled ....I WANT ONE!!!  cursing
Oh! And you say 'your' tree is even bigger than the google pic'!  shockscream  noway
Snowfall in Hobbiton 4451_47
Yes! I would like to sit under it too!  vhappy

I don't think that tree has got anything to do with an Aspen!
'Aspens' are like a big long toothpick coming out of the ground! ...with a little bush of branches mainly at the top!
(Google pic')
Snowfall in Hobbiton Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNaocUtj8RaxOw_S60yZyjgzUaRGTa9gdwQBXVpruACg0Hyleg
The first thing that I see there is easy firewood for the stove! - It's almost limbless to the top!
But, if you put 'that' into your stove, you'll be cleaning ash out of the stove 'every week'!  cursing
AND it only gives off half the amount of heat as does a Coniferous tree!  cursing
...no matter how dry the Aspen is!  cursing
'Garbage tree' they are!  cursing
No one would make boards out of an Aspen tree! - The wood rots fast, and is 'weak'!  disgusted
I would like to eradicate all the Aspens in my Enchanted Forest!  blowup  - Give the evergreens more room to grow! cursing

Your tree is kinda like an Arbutus tree!
I don't have any here cryhard , but there's some on Vancouver Island...
(google pic')
Snowfall in Hobbiton MW_1_Arbutus_Oil_14_x_18_600

It's got bark like this...
Snowfall in Hobbiton 160px-Pacific_Madrone_Arbutus_menziesii_Branch_Fork_2120px

Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Mar 12, 2019 1:44 pm

Merry wrote:
1st flower in bloom in my front yard! happy  A flower I didn't know we had as it was not in the area where we have flowers! Looks like a crocus???  question  I guess Spring is really on his way  vhappy  Funny part is that the daffodils who are supposed to be the flowers ushering Spring are not out just yet... That little baby beat them to it! voila

Snowfall in Hobbiton 53496269_2258187531065695_1541231911609827328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1
Wow! Nice picture of a Flower, Merry!  dazzled
It looks to me like a Wild Lily!?
Wild Lily's live in the forest.
I saw one! - Rare flower!
The reason I think your flower is a Wild Lily, is because you mentioned it was in a wild area ...not in your flower bed!  Grin
The Wild Lily 'I saw' disappeared in a few days!   cryhard ...or maybe it was even overnight question
(google image)
Snowfall in Hobbiton Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9r3DwUlQ0oYicV9HJ8hmocfTwxswxMCdxT1bk2WScT-T9_W53Zw
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton EmptyTue Mar 19, 2019 11:44 am

actually i posted it on my FB and my sister who is a flower geek giggling told me it was a crocus. She said that seeds of flowers can be dropped like that wherever and now that one grew, it will spread itself! but pity that it is on my lawn as it will be mowed... i resisted the temptation to pick it up, thought of letting it enjoy a longer life in the ground as we not ready to mow just yet!

That wild lily is quite beautiful! when you compare the 2 the lily has pointed petals while the crocus are more rounded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snowfall in Hobbiton   Snowfall in Hobbiton Empty

Back to top Go down

Snowfall in Hobbiton
Page 1 of 1