Tea Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Fun Following The...Goofy Road!

HomeRegisterLog in

In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merry
Founder
Merry

In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight Empty
PostSubject: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:05 pm

My sweet baby girl Twilight died on December 1st. She was 9 years and half.  sad
It all started on Thanksgiving day, she would not eat nor drink. And it seemed like she only had some incontinence. Couldn't see a vet as it was a Holiday. 

On Friday, no change I couldn't find a vet available and went to buy some homeopathic remedy for UTI (she had that problem many times), but didn't get a chance to give it, as I found a vet that was able to see her in the afternoon. He misdiagnosed her with "an infection of some sort"! She had a fever so I was sent home with antibiotics and wormer medicine as he thought she "might" have some worms. He wasn't equipped for doing any sort of test. Told me it was ok that she still wasn't eating nor drinking, would only be a concern if she would not resume by Sunday. He said all her vitals were perfectly fine! 

On Saturday, we decided to force feed her with a syringe, same for water no matter what the vet had said, as it seemed not right to leave her like that. And we went on with the treatment, but she was cold and doing nothing. She seemed to get better after noon, and I thought she was pulling through thanks to the food and water we were giving. She used the litter, no incontinence and stretched. 

Sunday no change, still wasn't feeding/drinking on her own but seemed happy that we were giving it to her. She looked peaceful in my arms.

Monday morning, I found out that she vomited food during the night, and she was taking a turn for the worst. She refused the food and water we tried to give her. 

I called another vet, a fancier one in a big town so that he could do some test. 
I regret I did as he was a jerk and just took advantage of us. He wanted to do a urine test and a blood test but I couldn't afford both so he went just for the urine. And he told me something I wasn't expecting, that she had diabetes and should be treated with insulin. 

But she was thin never been overweight, never had a change in her weight all her life. Still, I went along as I didn't have all my mind and he made it sound like if it was no big deal, that we could treat her easy peasy and she would reach a point where her blood sugar would be at the right level again. I just had to see him in a month. 

Gave me the treatment, and more antibiotics though I had told him I still have a lot from the 1st treatment. Let me out with a bill that was quite hard to swallow but I thought my baby girl would be helped by the treatment. 
As I didn't know anything about all that, I made the mistake to just trust him! 

In the end he gave her a too high dose, as he never really pinpointed how much she really "needed", and asked us to repeat it only 8 hours later (which I've now found out that you never do that, you must give 12 hours in between doses). 
On top of that he gave the 1st dose in his office though I told him that she had not eaten anything, but he said it was fine.... (I know now that it isn't). 

She didn't make it through the night, at 4 am I went to check on her, she had vomited in her bed, and I found her under my desk. She was in a coma, she revived later on in the morning. I had called back the vet, but he wasn't there, the tech said we had given an overdose of insulin. I said we had followed the vet prescription. 

Anyhow, we were told to keep her comfortable as there was nothing to do for her, she would either purge the excess of insulin or die. Again, i was out of my mind and just remained with her trying to comfort her, she went into lots of pain and it's a nightmare I won't forget. 

I decided to see the 1st vet I had went to (close to home) who couldn't do any test. He said she was dehydrated and he gave her some saline solution. She seemed to feel better, and he sent us home with more solution to give her in case. 

We went back home but she started to have seizures every 30 minutes, horrible to see how she was shaken by them. Called the vet again, he said it could happen. 

We went back to see him, he gave her more solution but finally said that there was nothing to be done that she was going to die, that she probably already had brain damages. And he said we should put her down, that she probably had a kidney failure.

I was in total shock, if only the "so called fancy vet" would have been honest, he could have told me from the urine test. As visibly a kidney failure shows in a test like that. And she could have died before suffering so much. And now I bet she didn't have any diabetes. He was just trying to get as much as can be from a pet he knew would not last.

Really, I'm disgusted by vets! Most of them where I live are in it just for the money. They don't care about our 4 legs babies.
I'm still under the shock of losing her, really took it hard. 

It was painful when my old cat died but easier to take as he went peacefully, painlessly on his own, of old age (he was 18). 
But for my baby Twilight it was horrible. We were very close, she was acting with me like if I was a mama cat. 

Sorry for writing so much, I'm quite depressed. teary

In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight DcO1DYT
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 12:44 am

What a nightmare.  sad
I'm sorry, Merry
Back to top Go down
Dory
Admin
Dory

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 8:06 pm

sad it's never easy!  comfort
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptySun Dec 13, 2020 6:03 am

Speaking with my mom about it she reminded me that before her little dog died she had shown similar symptoms "incontinence", "not eating or drinking" and her vet after doing the test had said that she had a kidney failure and she wouldn't make it. That he could give her something to try to make her go on for a few more days but that she would die nonetheless and that it would be better to let her go peacefully by putting her down. And my mom did it that way. So, truly Twilight had a kidney failure and I'm not surprised with all the UTI she had through her life. Vets always stuff your animals with antibiotics that's basically their answer for just about everything along with giving them a wormer. Well, on the antibiotic label they always give "kidney failure" as a side effect!
Really why do we pay Vet so much money when after all they don't do much to help your babies. But visibly bunch of docs are not any better with people. Spoke with someone we know, he had to go to the hospital and "THEY" messed him up real bad when they did the surgery. He said he is worse than before he went, spent 7 weeks in hospital (don't want to see his bill!) and is scheduled to return for another surgery to try to fix the mess they did with the 1st one!  frustrated
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 7:29 pm

I don't trust doctors.
And, as you said, they stuff patience with unnecessary things.
Up until 30 years ago, I would do the government prescribed yearly checkups.
I mean, why keep going to the doctor unless you feel there is something physically wrong with you?
30 years ago is the last health checkup I've had.
At that appointment, the doctor told me that I got loose knees, and he wrote a prescription for me to see his buddy friend the physiotherapist.
Well! I didn't feel that my knees were loose!
'Back then', 30 years ago, it took a lot of guts on my part to ignore the prescription!
I didn't want anybody monkeying around, poking around with my knees, and putting hot and cold treatments on my perfectly good knees!
You never know what monkeying around may cause!
Everyone thought I was full of folly for not going to the physiotherapist. - That made it that much more difficult to ignore the prescription!
But, I held to my guns!
'Now', 33 years later, I'm still waiting for my knees to collapse on me!  laughtotear
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 9:04 am

Millie wrote:
I mean, why keep going to the doctor unless you feel there is something physically wrong with you?

Precisely! I don't like that "new fashion" either! A real "money making" excuse... and people are so afraid that the majority goes for it. They'll do whatever a doc may say... put themselves through awful check up like colonoscopy, or the other with the camera deal attached to a tube you have to swallow down, that makes you want to puke!! what kind of torture tool is that???
Mammography isn't any better, with that stupid machine squeezing your boobs like nuts, maybe they want you to have them flat as a pancake!  lmao

And most of the time, all the freaking check up for this and that, only give them a chance to get you through expensive treatments but if you really have something serious like cancer, you die nonetheless! Cuz, bunch of them you don't see them until it's well advanced, so their so called prevention is rubbish! Anyhow, you do the check up all is fine and 5 days later something comes up and you'll find out about it a year later...

No really not for me either! Hubby feels the same. Being a doctor or a vet should always have been only as a "vocation" led by pure love for your fellow man, but unfortunately the majority are choosing that profession for the $$$$$ they're gonna make, looking to make a killing!

And they will lie to you for the sake of money. 

The naturopath I go to when something is seriously wrong and I can't figure it out myself, used to work in a hospital but got bullied and kick out when he refused to play the game! He himself said he won't put his foot in a hospital! 

Got my hubby feeling already better with the natural treatment he told him about to heal his arthritis! and the cost was $0 as 1st he just told him as a "friendly advice" and the remedy is a wild plant that grows everywhere on our property, you take the roots and chop them fine and take 1/2 tsp of it as a tea. Hubby has been in horrible pain for years with his arthritis and now he feels great!

Millie wrote:
'Now', 33 years later, I'm still waiting for my knees to collapse on me!  In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight 3195446619
lmao  and they act like if they know it all!!!  laughtotear
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyTue Dec 15, 2020 5:12 pm

Everything you said pretty well sums it up, Merry!  disgusted

Wow! Your hubby got rid of his arthritis!  hapdance Hail to a bunch of weeds on your property!  cheerleading
It reminds me of when I had excruciating headaches for 30 years. - It really messed up my life.  lostmarble
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 8:33 am

Headaches can be fierce my mother in law had that kind!
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 11:27 pm

Merry wrote:
Headaches can be fierce my mother in law had that kind!
'At times' the pain was so bad, I thought I'd get brain damage.
Maybe I did! Laughard

Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight EmptyTue Dec 22, 2020 10:16 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight   In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight Empty

Back to top Go down

In Loving Memory of my Baby Twilight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tea Party :: My Four Legs Babies & Creatures Around The Shire-
Jump to: