Tea Party
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have Fun Following The...Goofy Road!

HomeRegisterLog in

Nala

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Merry
Founder
Merry

Nala Empty
PostSubject: Nala   Nala EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 10:33 am

You might remember me posting in the "What's up" that i had rescued a cat last August. She had come to me as I was pulling a hose to give water to some cows we had in the corral. I had heard a very faint cry and didn't even know at first what it was, nor where it was coming from. So I looked, then I went back to pulling the hose thinking I heard wrong, then heard it again and looked again and spotted a skinny, kitty by the cattle trailer, crying out to me.
When I went close I was devastated to see how malnourished she was, just bones, a walking skeleton! sad  i couldn't refuse to help her though I had already 6 cats! I couldn't let her die, as she surely would have on that day.

Took her to our big barn, made a place for her, fed her, gave her water and she was so grateful about it. Brought her to the vet to get some pointers as she was so underfed you gotta be careful the way to let her eat again. Anyhow, it took time but she's now a beautiful healthy girl! fangirl  Very smart and sweet! The Vet had told me that she was a pure breed, a Manx cat so that 's why she had no tail. And that there were different ways of no tail and people didn't like the type she was and often times they just get rid of them.

As we couldn't have a 7th cat in the house without having the others real mad about it; I set her up in her own house! The milk barn that we don't use! there's 2 sides of it and we were just storing stuffs. So I cleaned up the side that has windows and this is her house! We fixed the broken windows and this winter I insulated them with plastic and cardboard. She got plenty of room and a good place to sleep as I insulated the bed from the concrete floor. I like it as she's safe there at night! During the day I leave the door cracked open and she can go in and out at will.

I go see her several times a day as she craves for company. She loves Khloe and Snoopy probably as they are the same size as her and she go walk with us!

Here are the before and after pics

Nala 87448929_2543742039176908_4336175535815131136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQkLx2y-MNnWUikAfUInyH98jp-N6e-d5nhElvR52By7Kr9UdGdcwjQYmWBFKXU56Jo&_nc_ht=scontent.fden3-1
Back to top Go down
Millie_Me
Millie_Me

Nala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nala   Nala EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Wow! Nala is a beautiful kitty-cat, Merry!  thumbup
I love her colors!  fangirl AND she so so fluffy looking!  fangirl
Gosh, she was sooo skin and bones!  cryhard
By the sounds of it, you really saved her life!  ddream
She looks so very healthy now!
You're a Angel to save her, Merry!  yells

Thank you for the story of how you got her!  ddream
Yup! That's 'you', Merry!  Grin
She must be soooo attached to you for saving her!  ddream
I bet she would fight a Lion for you!  ddream

I didn't know you had a disused milk barn!  dazzled
The former owner must have had Milking Cows!  dazzled
I guess the market wouldn't allow you's to have Milking Cows now?  question  - You've got a barn already set-up for it!  notsure

I wonder if you got a picture of the inside of the Milk Barn from the entrance doorway?

Nala 6e09abd74cdd63346c8d43efd0004d93
ddream
Back to top Go down
Merry
Founder
Merry

Nala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nala   Nala EmptyFri May 22, 2020 3:46 pm

So sorry I missed your post Millie!

Thanks Millie, yes she's a riot! I love her dearly! She is indeed very attached to me, when she sees me in the morning, even though the first thing i do is to pet her "good morning", when I'm serving her food, she grabs my hand with her paw to be petted some more!

Then, she goes every day on walks with Khloe and Snoopy, as I walk down on our property by the side of the paddocks. Then, when we go back toward the house, she goes to "hers" to eat!

She loves to play pranks to Khloe and Snoopy, she really considers them as her friends though they're dogs. After all they are basically the same size! And she enjoys freaking out Khloe, by pouncing on her  laughtotear she does it especially to Khloe as she always freaks out! Snoopy, only takes it as a game.

As for the milk barn, it wasn't the former owners but the very first owners. So that barn hasn't been used for decades! The people who build the place had milk cows, maybe in those days it was doing good. Then, this ranch kept being sold, people never stayed long. We are the first to have lived that long here (except for the first owners).

Nowadays, having a milk farm is a catastrophe! Dairy farmers don't do good at all and the past few years many had to close doors! Too much expenses and very little returns because they have to sell their milk dirt cheap while Mr Middle Man, gets the big bucks!

I'll look for a pic of the milk barn, I should have one, but it was messy as we stored stuff in half of it. Now, the side where Nala stays has been cleared up, so I'll take a pic as soon as i can and post it!  winks (though that side won't show the part where the cows would line up. She got the side with the windows, where the farmer would store his stuff, would clean everything etc...)

thkyou  for the adorable picture of Kitties! They are certainly my babies!  beeheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nala Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nala   Nala Empty

Back to top Go down

Nala
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tea Party :: My Four Legs Babies & Creatures Around The Shire-
Jump to: